Step 4. F

Thursday 17 April 2014

Feelin' Good!

Have you heard Michael Buble's "Feeling Good"? I love this guy! I saw him a total of 3 times with my Gramma so far, and will be seeing him again this summer.

As I start this post, I'm listening to his song (I get goosebumps listening to it almost every time!).

I talk to my sister about life a lot of the time. What's going on for her, what's going on for me, and anytime something is going on she usually gets kinda snarky with me and says "your such an optimist!". And I've always loved that she said that about me. I am an optimist- most of the time. I always tend to see the brighter side of life.

The reason for this post, is that I want to feel good physically right now, and I'm optimistic that I can make that happen in not too long a time.

I grew up as a really skinny girl, my sister used to call me Pinocchio because I was so 'stick' skinny. And I've taken that for granted. I never really took care of my physical body by working out, and always felt ok about how I looked. And when I did workout, it took 1 session to get a flat stomach. But now that I've had my little Toli- Bear and am nearing my 30's (yes, I'm kinda shaking on the inside about my "30th" which comes up early next year), I'm finding that its not so easy anymore.

Hence this post. I've already started a 2 week planking challenge and am on day 5. To be honest with you I'm not seeing results like I usually do, and this does not make me feel very good as I have a Vegas trip coming up in a few weeks (yes, I'm prepping a bikini body) with pool parties, and sunshine. So, lets just say I'm motivated at the moment to look, and feel healthy.

Just to bring you up to speed I made a daily goals list a few days ago- don't mind my sons creative art added below :) And a part of this list is to workout, go for a walk, and meditate- among other cool things that we can talk about later

Keep in mind this is my idea of the 'perfect day'. I'm not there yet, but little by little I'm adding more steps into my daily routine.

It's the small steps that lead to big change in the end


Among the coolness of the 2 week planking challenge, I've started the 7 minute workout app that I've had on my phone for months. Yes, I started it. And yes, I stopped. I set the darn thing onto daily notifications so its nags at me. Every. Single. Day. 

It requires no gym equipment, and is a scientifically researched workout routine. All you need is a chair, a wall, and of course yourself (once you've peeled yourself off of the couch). If done at high intensity everyday its like doing an hour long workout, and is great for your metabolism. So, I'm back on that train again with a great motivator to look good for the upcoming month, but I still need to start this whole walking thing. It's nice out (most days), and I've been walking more than usual, but its time to make this a daily habit. I live in Yaletown, the water is 2 blocks away, and I need to get my cardio in anyways. 

Who's down to make some exercise goals happen with me? Write down, or comment here on your top priority goals. Let's get this whole feelin' good thing down together. We can keep eachother on track for these spring goals, and motivate one another.

So today I pledge to you to start my daily power walk for at least 20 minutes every day

.

-Also, on a side note I have been meditating on a daily basis with Oprah & Deepak 21 meditation experience which I would totally recommend! This round with Oprah and Deepak is on "Finding your flow", and it just started 5 days ago so if you start day 1 now, you can keep up, or even catch up (from the day it began it is available for 5 days afterward). 

No comments: