Step 4. F

Tuesday 22 July 2014

What did you do over the weekend?

Before I get started with my blog today I just wanted to let you know that I spent the night updating the blog page. Hopefully it will be easier to navigate from here on. At the top left there are tabs for; All About Me, Lifestyle, Healthy Food, and Motherhood & Relationships. So if your looking for something to read in particular like an easy dinner, smoothie or lunch recipe you can go straight to Healthy Food and look through the recipes. I hope you enjoy the new look!

All About me is a new section I added and is a bio for none other than- myself. I want you to get to know me a little bit better, as well as for those who are joining my blog more recently.

This will also be my official announcement of what the blog week will look like; 


  • Tuesday: What did you do over the weekend?
  • Wednesday: Lifestyle
  • Thursday: Lifestyle
  • Friday: Quick and healthy recipe day to cap off the week
Every so often I will blog about relationships, organization and reviews of restaurants and whatever else I fancy to review (like a new bike for my son, or makeup that I bought) but it won't be too often because I'm noticing that you enjoy more of the pure lifestyle posts right now. Please let me know if there is anything you'd like to see as this blog is for you. I love writing it, so if I can go over something you would like to see (like more reviews for example) now is the time to say so :)


Because I have more viewership every week I also want to let you all know that you can follow me on Bloglovin'. If you don't know what Bloglovin' is, it's a great site where you can follow your favourite bloggers (aka: me), and they will send you emails to your email address  of my blogs when they are posted on a daily or weekly basis. I've made it very convenient to follow my blog. If you look to the top left of this page there are a few buttons; one called "Bloglovin'" click the button, and it will set you up for an account quite quickly. Also there is a Twitter and Facebook share button right underneath "Bloglovin'". If you enjoy my posts, please share them with others to help me to continue to grow my readership. Thank you! Now on to my regular blog for Tuesday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here's the second addition to "What did you do over the weekend?". You all seemed to really enjoy this topic, as did I. I would love to know what you did too, so let me know in the comment section below the post!

This weekend our son was with family again so Dada and I had a chance to sleep in, and reconnect. Our life wouldn't be balanced if we didn't fit in some adventure to the relaxation would it? We started off the weekend by once again heading off to White Cliff Park- somewhere that we're very fond of going to to watch sunsets.


This picture was taken a few months ago at White Cliff Park

We then came home where my sweetie had a chance to produce some music while I flexed my blogging muscles and learnt how I could improve this blogging career that I love so much. I ended up finding this very cute blogger from the UK named Zoella. After watching some of her more recent work as a Vlogger I couldn't help but watch more than a few of her videos here. If your into fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogs- check her out. The reason I bring up Zoella is because I want to get into Vlogging in the future, so finding someone who is successful with it is someone I was on the lookout for.


We slept until 11 am on Saturday and made our way on a very unexpectedly long hike to Lynn Valley Headwaters. I've done this hike once before a year ago. Our  "light hike" ended up being a 4 and a half hour long hike with the last half being "intermediate". As in, "wear the right shoes". Well, I wish I could tell you I have hiking boots. But I don't. I used some running shoes that have been sitting in my closet for well over a year now. I'm not a runner (I try to be sometimes). I'm a biker. I love biking. Running just seems.. a waste of energy personally. I love going fast!

I digress- usually this happens. I should also let you know how clumsy I am. Of course I fell into the water with my lovely pavement running shoes! All in all, I got a bruised toe, but the show continued. I walked it off, iced it in the water and enjoyed my time in the woods.








Once we finished the unexpectedly long hike we were hungry! And I think we deserved some good food, don't you? I want to rate this restaurant in the near future as the eating experience itself is a blog post. For now, pictures will have to do over this drool worthy food at Bin 941. I must say that we entered this tapas bar muddy, and sweaty- too hungry to get ready! I felt a little more than underdressed but this restaurant was more than willing to serve us :)





So, how was your weekend? I'd love to hear! Leave me a line or 2 below in the comment section :)


No comments: